Hey all! We’re starting to plan for EmacsConf 2016, and we need your input!
Here are the plans so far:
- The conference date will be sometime late Summer before colleges start in the US/Canada.
- The conference location will be in Boston if we can find someone in Boston that can put together a local EmacsConf team and find a sponsor for a room and food. If we can’t, then it will likely be in San Francisco again. If you’re interested, let us know!
- We want to get the FSF more involved.
- We are going to make a greater effort to reach out to emacs developers and international emacs folks. We’ll also try to find a date that John Wiegley, RMS, and Stefan can all make.
- We’re currently talking with Alex (dotemacs) to transfer the emacsconf.org domain over so we can switch to it.
First things first, though. We need to start gathering talk/session ideas + people that want to give talks. These are my ideas:
- I think a “state of the emacs union” given by John Wiegley would make a great keynote talk
- An emacs retrospective on what it was like to be the last maintainer given by Stefan would also be awesome.
- I can give a talk on eshell.
- @gopar had the idea of having another “Bug Crushing Emacs” session like the one we had in SF a couple weeks back.
Ideas? Interested in giving a talk? Feedback on the plan so far? Want to help out? Let us know!
Let’s get hyped, ya’ll